The summer break is here – but that doesn’t mean the Golden Apples Family fun has to end. Stay tuned for news and top tips and summer activities!
Head Start, Ramsey
Ahoy, me hearties! The children thoroughly enjoyed our book of the week – Pirates Love Underpants.
We kept the theme going all week, with the children making their very own treasure maps, telescopes and pirate hats.
They even walked the plank, being very careful not to full in the shark-infested water. Of course, pirates are always hungry, so we made delicious biscuits too!
10 Things To Try This Summer!
With the nurseries quieting down over the summer, the weekly Golden Apples Family Nurseries News Round-up will be bringing you top tips on things to do with the kids over August and early September.
1. Paddle in the sea or shallow river with a friend!
2. Walk barefoot in the dewy morning grass!
3. Shelter under a tree in the rain!
4. Do bubble paintings – straws, paint and washing up liquid!
5. Paint a picture on an iPad using an app (try Fingerpaint Magic App – only 79p!)
6. Make a seasonal fruit smoothie (even better go fruit picking for it)!
7. Cook sausages on a BBQ, firepit or open fire (with help from a grown-up)!
8. Go for a walk and take a picnic for halfway!
9. Play the colour car game!
10. Visit a museum/art gallery!